Friday, October 10, 2008

You Spin Me

I love this song about the same way that I love marshmallow peeps. No merit. So what. :) I had never seen the video though before I went looking it up for this post--it has to be one of the all time worst music videos ever. It's a song that's just begging to to have as its only visual those random neon swirly patterns that Microsoft's video player throws up for any audio only. Anway.



If you want to spew your drink all over your monitor, pop over to the Deconstructed Christian, and jump in on the discussion of idiot worship leader inserting Jesus into this piece of techno fluff and using it as worship music. Appalling. It makes me think of Jesus putting his face in his hands and shaking his head. Why the church should not be about catering to the desires we already have . . .

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love this song too, for exactly the same reason you do - it's fluff, but it's fun fluff. I can't believe you haven't seen the vid, though. Back in the good ole MTV days (when they actually played music), this was on all the time for awhile.

Sara said...

ah, but I didn't watch MTV . . . my parents firmly believed (and still do) that cable TV was a waste of money. When I was growing up, our house got CBS, NBC, PBS, and ABC on clear days. My brother bought this as a single on a 45 . . . was this the one that was the flip side of one of the Depeche Mode hits? He had some of those too. I copied the song off the record onto one of my audio cassette mix tapes, and that's where it's resided in my music library since. Maybe I'll ask for an iPod for Christmas and go digital--the sound quality on some of those tapes is really degrading. :)