Friday, January 11, 2008

Welcome back to January in the Midwest


This is me. The sky is a roiling mass of dirty laundry gray out there, spitting rain turning to snow. Humidity's high, so the cold just seeps through however many layers of anything you want to put on and gets straight to your skin. I swore when I moved away from the midwest 10 1/2 years ago that I didn't care if I ever came back. Those comments were primarily aimed at the weather, and my beef with the weather is primarily the weeks and months of the year when the amount of actual sunlight can be measured in hours. I have no doubt that God has called us here, and that if he's called us he has work for us to do, and that that will be good work. And that he'll give us all the tools we need to accomplish his purposes. Perhaps God's provision for his kingdom work for us here is going to have to include a sun lamp.

No comments: